Monday, October 5, 2015

Versatile Blogger Award


Happy Monday y'all! I had a whirlwind of a weekend. My friend Max and I headed to the Clemson/Notre Dame game on Saturday and it was INSANE. We won in the last second, thank goodness, but the weather added a huge layer of complication. We drove there and back in the pouring rain and it rained the whole game as well. Luckily, we avoided a lot of the weather that Joaquin provided to my home state. My thoughts and prayers are with the city that raised me as they rebuild. 

On to happier subjects...I am so happy to have met a network of bloggers in my time blogging. A huge shoutout to my blogger friend Lindsay for nominating me for the Versatile Blogger Award.


The rules are simple...

-Thank the person who nominated you
-Link their blog
-Write 7 facts about yourself
-Nominate 15 bloggers

I've been pretty open about my quirks...you can see a little bit here, here, and here. Naturally, I can still think of 7 more things because I'm a weirdo. Here we go!

ONE

I'm 1 of 14 first cousins on my Dad's side but on my Mom's side I have 0 first cousins. So strange. Granted, I do have a lot of extended cousins on my Mom's side. Cousins have a unique bond that I always have cherished. I am fortunate enough to have had the chance to get to know most of my cousins even though we all live spread out.

I'm the curly, blonde one on the left :) My cousins on the right, my grandma in the middle, and my Mom with my sister at the top.


I'm the sassy one on the right with my cousins.


10 out of the 14 of us at one time when we were little.


I hate that I don't get to see everyone more often. I love them all!

TWO

My roomie, Kaitlyn, and I met on Roommates.com. This cracks me up every time! When I knew I got the job in Charlotte I knew I wanted a roommate to cutback on costs and because I like being around people. I wanted to stretch myself a little and room with someone not from Clemson. I really wanted to challenge myself a little bit.


I decided to Google, "Roommates in Charlotte, NC" and Roommates.com was the first result. I told myself hey, why not? It can't hurt. The first girl I messaged was my roomie and it's history from there.  It's worked out really well. We have similar values and goals in life and we've truly become the best of friends. We always joke that we should be advertisement for Roommates.com...hey call me!



THREE
I love coffee. Every morning when I wake up my first step is to my Keurig. I think coffee isn't just a drink but it's an experience. It's calming, warm, and tasty. Not to mention it helps wake me up! But here's the kicker...I didn't start drinking "real" coffee until about a little over a year ago. I know, its shocking. I can't believe I went so long without coffee in my life.

FOUR

I love to travel but haven't done much within the United States. Super sad, I know. Until my trip to San Diego in the Spring I had never been farther west than Chicago. I always considered myself an East coast girl through and through but I have to say San Diego changed my mind. The west coast is beautiful. I hope to travel to new cities in the upcoming few years! Read about my trip here and here.




FIVE





In high school I was a nanny for the most precious family. I still think about them all the time. During the school year, I would pick them up from daycare when I got out of school and keep them till their parents got home. During the summer I watched them full time. It was such an invaluable experience that I'm forever grateful for.



I love them so much! They make me so excited about being a Mom one day! Sweet boys.

SIX

I have a bleeding heart for those in need. It is a good thing for the most part but it can also get me in trouble! I started giving blood as a sophomore in high school and have given consistently ever since. I would say I give 4-6 times a year depending on availability. I have a universal blood type so I feel as if it's my obligation to give back. Unfortunately, the last time I gave blood was last November when I'd been having problems with Iron levels. I passed out so decided it was time to take some time off and get my iron levels back up. But come November, I'll be giving blood again!


I also have donated my hair twice for Cancer patient wigs. Last year, I also was swabbed to be part of the bone marrow donor registry. Meaning, that at any time I could be called to donate bone marrow for someone in need. I pray everyday I'm given the opportunity to save someone's life. 


SEVEN


My blog is supposed to be a fun, creative, space so I avoid heavy or "controversial" issues. So I've held back from a huge aspect of who I am, which is that I'm a huge feminist. I have such a heart for women empowerment and issues that women face on a daily basis. I had the opportunity to take a lot of classes in college that focused on women's issues. I am by no means a man hater and I really despise that stereotype. I love men, especially men that empower women. I just fight for equality and acknowledgement for what women face every. single. day. 



In my dream world, I would find a way to work for women's rights. I haven't found my outlet yet for my passion. I'm considering volunteering at my local domestic violence shelter. Women are incredible beings and I relish in the fact that we can accomplish so much regardless of the adversity we face. Here's to women around the world!


Alrighty peeps, that's me. Thanks so much to Lindsay for the nomination. Thankful for all of y'all! 

I'm sure some of y'all have already been nominated but just in case...

Kimm @ Kimm's Korner/Seri @ Seri's Blog/Kylie @ Kylie McGraw/Molly @ Colors of Life/Rachel @ Floral and Fudge/Julie @ Say Yes to Happy/Katelyn @ Simply Sunflour/Kelsey @ The Peacock Roast 

Have a great day, loves!

 photo signature_zps061a4d79.png

9 comments:

  1. My family is so small so I don't have that many cousins. I always wished I had more cousins to play with growing up! Then I got married and my husband has a bunch of cousins, so I finally got that!
    Donating is such a great thing! I won't lie, when you talked about donating blood I skipped down because I was already getting queezy. Lol.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha I thought that could gross people out! I've found ways to compartmentalize it over the years!

      Delete
  2. Wow you are so lucky to have such a big family! Must make family get togethers so fun!

    I also consider myself a huge feminist. That's awesome that you would love to work for women's rights!!

    Thank you for the nomination! I will post on Wednesday :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Love to hear that I'm not the only feminist :)

      Delete
  3. Love those family photos and your sass as a young child hah! I've also donated my hair twice and love doing it! So awesome that you donate blood, I want to and need to, but I hate needles. That's so scary you passed out!

    That's so funny you said SD changed your mind about being a west coast girl :)

    fun face I have those same pink shorts!

    Thanks so much for the nomination! I'll have to get to it at the end of the month since I have a bunch of guest bloggers coming up while I'm out of town.

    Happy Monday Lauren!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Friend, thanks for nominating me! I've donated my hair too! And I definitely didn't know you had a heart for women's rights. So cool to learn new things!

    ReplyDelete
  5. How cool that you've donated your hair too! It's such a cool experience! I can't decide if I want to do it again because I want to keep a "mature" haircut in the workplace :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this! Our life has been so crazy lately blogging has taken a major back seat!

    ReplyDelete