Wednesday, June 24, 2015

San Diego Part 1


I love to travel. Love, love, love it! If I made a list of my favorite things a la Sound of Music, travel would be one of the top things on my list. I haven't traveled nearly as much as I would like in my 22 years of life but my goal is to change that in the years to come. 

For spring break of my senior year, my roommate and I knew we wanted to do something to commemorate our last semester of undergrad but couldn't really figure out what. A lot of our other friends were doing the traditional Mexico and Caribbean trips but we've been there done that and we wanted something unique.

We wanted to use this week of time as an opportunity to see a new area. Alas, our Las Vegas/San Diego trip was born. The trip was fantastic. It was my first time on the West Coast and it didn't disappoint.

San Diego is beautiful, colorful, and relaxed. If you haven't been I highly recommend you make it your next trip! Here are some pictures from our trip...

The view from our hotel room...the beautiful San Diego skyline.


The water view from our room. Stunning.


The next morning view from the front of our hotel.


We went to the famous San Diego zoo our first full day. I have tons of pictures of this trip but I'll save those for another day...I doubt you want to see 34 pictures of just a polar bear :) 

But first we had to fuel up with a big breakfast at Kono's in Pacific Beach. It was fabulous hence the line.




My first time seeing the Pacific Ocean. The view from our breakfast. Not bad, not bad. 




Then we made our way to the San Diego Zoo. My college roommate and I. 


Here's a few of my favorite pictures from our zoo trip:







We had a great time at the zoo. The next day we went to La Jolla then the last day we toured the U.S.S. Midway and walked around downtown. I'll blog about our last days some other time!

Have you ever been to San Diego? What did you think? 


 photo signature_zps061a4d79.png

9 comments:

  1. I have never been to San diego...but now I want to go!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's so fun you took a trip with your roomie! San Diego is such a cool city. Your pics are gorgeous!

    I LOVE traveling too. Every time I travel anywhere I realize how big the world is and how much more of I want to see and explore!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. San Diego is really awesome. I always considered myself an East coast gal...but I don't know now :)

      I love to travel too! So many places to see!

      Delete
  3. San Diego is the BEST! Hope you loved the zoo!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really is! I loved it more than I anticipated! The zoo did not disappoint!

      Delete
  4. I love San Diego! My sister actually lives there. My roommate and I are planning a trip for the next spring break. Traveling with friends is so fun!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh neat, which part? It's such a cool place to live! Can't wait to hear all about your trip...let me know if you need recommendations for anything :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have wanderlust!!! That skyline is GORGEOUS.

    ReplyDelete