Monday, March 7, 2016

Parent's Weekend Recap


Howdy folks! How was y'all's weekend? My weekend was pretty low-key. I got the opportunity to go to another Hornet's game Friday night and it might possibly have been the best one yet! The atmosphere was more exciting than usual because it was a Friday night game and it was a neck and neck game till the Hornet's took the lead. 


Part of my lifestyle change was that Friday night dinner was my all out cheat meal. I killed some pork nachos and shared a funnel cake. #Noregrets A huge shoutout to my awesome cousin, Nick, for hooking me up with the awesome seats. The rest of the weekend was full of adulating. I.E. laundry, cleaning, grocery shopping, errands, etc. Sigh...

But any who, I'm rewinding it back to the weekend that my parents came to visit the Queen City! We had a blast. They drove up Saturday morning and we stopped by for lunch at my favorite salad shop in the entire world, Chopt. Local peeps, if you haven't been to Chopt then stop what you're doing RIGHT NOW and go. This is not a drill. I'm obsessed. I love it because it's fast, fresh, and healthy ingredients that also are tasty. I knew my parents needed to experience where I spend a lot of my time haha! Yum...



After that we drove about 40 minutes to Lazy 5 Ranch. It's really hard to explain but if I had to sum it up I would call it an interactive zoo. You can choose to either drive through in your car or go on a wagon tour. We drove through it ourselves. It's a 3.5 mile loop where there are tons of different animals roaming around. We bought food at the stand so that we could feed them from our car. As soon as we drove in this ugly cute guy came towards me for a snack.


Here's the thing, I'm terrified of birds so this took a lot for me! There were pigs everywhere and they might've been my favorite. They are so cute. 


There were a lot of deer too! They were extremely skittish. 


So many animals to see...









This guy made himself right at home! I'm cracking up that my Mom's reaction is to take a picture!


WARNING: Lots of animal photos ahead


They told us to not feed the zebras because they are aggressive!


The deer had to be coaxed.


I was so excited she let me feed her from my hand.



Whatta face. 


The picture doesn't do this buffalo justice. He/She was HUGE. 


At the end of the 3.5 mile loop we saw brand spankin' new piglets! They were so adorable!


After the loop there are animals that you can walk around and see. I wanted to feed the donkeys but their teeth terrified me! So I came up with a creative solution...



The people who built me.


The Lemurs were just hanging out.


We had a great day!


That evening, we headed to Dresslers for dinner. Kimm told me how great it was and she didn't lie! All of us thoroughly enjoyed the food, wine, and service. I would recommend it for any Charlotte locals.


My parents brought our family dog, Gracie, with them and she spent the night with me while they stayed in a hotel. It was so fun to have her with me! We were up bright and early for a walk Sunday morning. 


After our walk she was snuggled up on the couch relaxing. I was so happy to have her with me!


Afterwards, I introduced my parents to my church here in Charlotte. They got to hear a great sermon from Pastor Steven about his new book, Unqualified. It was a fantastic sermon that speaks to how God utilized people throughout the Bible who had their faults but through him reveals their purpose to serve God. My Dad bought us all a copy of the book after service. I've already started to read it and will recap it for y'all soon!


That afternoon, my roomie and I went and got pedicures. It was a great way to wrap up a fulfilling weekend. 



Phew, that was a long one! It filled my heart to have my parents come and see a piece of my everyday life in Charlotte. They are my rock. Oftentimes, in the news or from my friends I hear about struggles within families. It is not lost on me how blessed I am to have such fantastic parents. Anyways, happy Monday friends and see you back here soon! xo

Link up
Link Up


 photo signature_zps061a4d79.png

10 comments:

  1. Seems like a fun weekend! I would love to go to a pro basketball game!
    www.amemoryofus.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was, Darcy! And if you get the opportunity you definitely should! SO much fun!

      Delete
  2. Those animal pictures are something else! You got up close and personal with a ZEBRA?! And that book sounds so good! I can't wait to hear more about it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Borderline too up close and personal ;) And I can't wait to share!

      Delete
  3. That looks like an amazing zoo! I am glad you had such a great weekend with your parents :)

    - Seri

    ReplyDelete
  4. So glad you had such a nice weekend with your parents. I can see the resemblance especially with your mama. Those animals are adorable! Can't believe how many there were. And yes you're very lucky to be so close to your family! It's no wonder you're such a sweet girl ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My family is the best! I wouldn't be who I am without them!

      Delete
  5. Happy (end of) Monday Lauren! Sounds like a fabulous weekend. Loved the pictures of the animals. Wish we had a place like Chopt here in CA; I would be there a lot. Your dog sister is adorable. You and your parents have a wonderful relationship. Looking forward to your book review. Have a good week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You would love Chopt! It's amazing! My parents are the best, they make it easy to have a good relationship! Have a great week, Laurie!

      Delete