Friday, February 17, 2017

Friday Favorites






TGIF!! Am I right? And for those of us who observe market holidays PTL (praise the lord, Mom), we have a 3 day weekend! I am pretty sure 3 day weekends are my love language. You get a day for fun, a day for rest, and a day for productivity. Sounds pretty great to me! 

I'm linking up with Andrea, Narci, and Erika to share our favs.

ONE

I shared a post close to my heart yesterday...I'm working on practicing more self-care in 2017. I want to set my focus on making my life fulfilling with simple pleasures. If you didn't have a chance to read it, I would love to hear your thoughts!

On Tuesday, I put my money where my mouth is and decided to take. a random day off of work. I had a lot of things on my to do list and I knew it would invigorate me to cross them off. I slept in a little, had a good workout, and crossed off lots from my to- do list! But I still managed to fit in time for a pedicure....



...and a long walk with my boo. It was a beautiful day to get outside!


TWO

My parent's are the best. They are coming up to visit on Saturday...whoo hoo! They made my day on Tuesday by sending my little love a Valentine's Day card!



 I mean...can you handle the cuteness!?!

Also, my Dad regularly sends me texts like this one:


THREE



I shared with y'all on Monday my favorite types of workouts. I went to Orange Theory this week as normal and it killed me...as normal! I want to prove it to y'all. I wear old workout clothes, I have my hair in a messy bun, I sweat from every surface, and I turn the color of a tomato. Want proof?


Even my eyelids are red! Also, I squatted so hard this week that I ripped my shorts. RIP


What workouts kept you motivated this week?

FOUR

As always, breakfast has been my favorite meal of the day. I could eat breakfast food for every meal! I love trying new recipes for breakfast. I always try to incorporate a lot of protein, some carbs, and veggies cooked in fat. My breakfast is crucial for muscle repair because it is my first meal of the day after a hard workout!






My current breakfast obsessions are pan-fried plantains and chorizo. NOMZ. What should I try in the morning? Any interest in food posts?


What are y'all up to this weekend? See you back here next week! xo

 photo signature_zps061a4d79.png

No comments:

Post a Comment